View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 10:42   Link #93
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I know I shouldn't revive this thread but by looking at first page of general anime discussion, there aren't many serious discussions either.

Here's my ideal shoujo manga or anime: The story about a teenage girl who is an heiress to a big powerful company and her estranged father is is now only had few months to live. He need to pass down everything to his daughter or his brother that he hated will take them all. For some reasons, she decided to inherit everything else and confront her uncle for her father's sake and herself.

Unfortunately we will never see such thing for one reason, it wouldn't sell. Regardless how good it was made, no teenage girls and young women want to read or watch anything like it since it lacks of handsome men. In fact just way too feminist for their taste as lack of rape scene, etc. Yes women are no different than their male counterpart when in came to such things, they only care the weakest but flashiest part, very much like moe and ecchi-loving men. Just put some handsome but cruel dudes it will sell like hot cakes because that all what the target audience wants anyway.

Here's most of the real shoujo mangas were made: A school girl(and rarely college and university student) had long but meaningless life until she get into trouble then saved or helped by a handsome but mysterious boy or young man. Then she wants to learn more about the guy and learned that he is a rock star, yakuza boss or sub-boss, heir to a business tycoon and even a real prince who had a king for father. Later the guy learned that saving her is the worst mistake he ever did and try to abandon her. Of course the girl is not happy with that and try to get together again, even if using her own body. After many kisses and sexual intercourse later, the guy know how much the girl loved him and he too say "I love you" directly to her with his full emotion. The the couple kissed and/or had sex for last time. The end.

Did the target audience complain about how derivative or overplayed this format but did they care? No because this is what they wants anyway.

Maybe shoujo fangirls should learn how bad, rather how good that format is.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote