View Single Post
Old 2009-06-08, 08:36   Link #1037
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The whole "Battler had to determine the order" doesn't work at all, especially because of episode 4.
There is no way Battler could determine when Kinzo "died": he could even be dead before Kyrie's group, he just don't know anything after Jessica and George death in episode 4.
You misunderstand me. Battler never determines an order of killings (other than that he thinks Maria died well after Rosa, which seems reasonable since she was with him for a while). The record does. However, the record is not in strict conformity with the "magic" explanation of death orders, and it may have absolutely nothing to do with the "reality" order of death even slightly.

You're right that the order in which people die and the order of the record don't have to be the same, but you seem fixated on the notion that it doesn't matter. But I think it must matter, we just don't know why because Battler wasn't present for the gradual discovery of bodies this time. So how was the record established? Why is it in that order? Why have a game record at all given the unusual circumstances? It's got to mean something.

Quote:
About Kyrie and the group it does make sense. One of the possible ways to explain all those strange things they have said by telephone is that they are forced to do so. So the culprit must be with them. The other theory is they are all acomplices... so it's only natural the mastermind was with them. However that doesn't explain why they died.
Multiple killers. Ep4 has a couple distinct MOs, just like the other episodes. Two or more killers/groups of killers working against each other. Whatever happened when "Kinzo" appeared could have been the catalyst that led to one saying "screw it" and attacking people right then and there. After the chaos, the other killer regrouped or something, and the two groups (if they were indeed groups) started whittling down the survivors. Obviously hard to explain without mutual deaths, but that's true of most episodes.

Last edited by Renall; 2009-06-08 at 08:49.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote