Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-23, 04:53   Link #331
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
to anyone here who still ask the most common to out of bound question about stuff in this anime

the answer is

"MAGICK!?"

nuff said

>_<

since magic makes the bucket stay on the broom

since it also heals

it also gives strong ammunitions

it also allows a really strong homing beacon

it can make you invulnerable to giant red tentacle like beams

it solves most of the problem in this show

it allows mio to slice up neurois in half by her magic infused katana

I dunno, it would feel a lot cooler and awesome if the magic was detailed..

Kinda like how Negima! & the Fate series are =D
These titles revolve on Magic but they usually have an in depth explanations of the whys and hows .. I know there are other titles out there that have in depth magic system and not a generic "Kaboom" based one lolz

The theme of this series are like 2 opposites.. Technology & Magic..

==

I hope there was a bonus or something that can explain how a striker unit works

My guess is that each girls have "Mana" (let's name it that for now..) that will flow and be absorbed by the striker unit instead of the usual Fossil fuel for normal machines.

Maybe if the girl runs out of mana, she could fall out of the sky. How to reload one's mana?
Go eat something and take a rest, or better yet, have fun yuri moments with your love witch.. After waking up you'd be having like 3 drop tanks worth of Mana energy for the mission ahead

How do the girls know their airspeed & altitude?? err... I dunno..
Striker units have a built in Neuro Barometric Altimeter to measure altitude above sea level. The data is then fed into the Witches mind so that they'll have an idea how high they are..

As for the airspeed, the striker's inlets have a sort of Pitot tubes inside that measures the press of air to determine their airspeed. Like the Neuro Barometric altimeter, it feeds data into the Witch's mind..

If this was Sky Girls timeline, It would've been easier since their tech is much modern and have an electronic display called the HUD.. ^

But then again, trusting one's feelings is much better than relying on instruments.. So the Witches fly without any of those..
Thus my senseless bloody theories are nothing

(and obviously this is NOT the Official Canon or anything at all just a fan idea.. Someone who have access on how Strikers really work please correct me hahahaha )

Sorry, this must be the cause being an Aviation fan.. being spoiled by explanations on how those flying machines work and their bloody procedures ~~
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote