Thread: Licensed 5 Centimeters per Second
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 00:26   Link #1188
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
After putting this off for years (like all anime movies I sort of want to see but not really), I finally sat down and watched it.

I kind of have mixed feelings about them not ending up together in the end. It's nice that it strayed from the typical cliche ending, but they didn't have to rub it in my face by having the guy become a depressed run of the mill officer worker who apparently hates his life, while the girl is getting married to someone she clearly enjoys and is apparently very happy with her life. It left me feeling somber, which I wasn't expecting. It turned out to be pretty damn depressing

It hurts most because I'm sure a lot of people (including myself) can relate in some way. I feel I'm slowly ending up the man Takaki became, it's kind of terrifying really...

(not to say I'm depressed or anything, my life is okay for the moment. )

btw, the island they're on in the the second episode makes my heart hurt. I'd love to live somewhere like that when I'm older.