View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 07:50   Link #116
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Hero always had all the power he needed to take down the Demon Lord. The only reason he didn't was because he was won over with diplomacy, which is probably the main theme of this series anyway -- diplomacy and economics.
Yea I felt that this premise was interesting indeed but in the end felt a little flat, the whole economics and diplomacy thing isn't so easy a weapon to wield on top of that the economics, etc were rather blaise and a very generalized one at that, on top of that how are you supposed to convert a hero with just words, when the amount of indoctrination is involved with warriors and those that perceive the world to be a certain way. I think I'd be way more interested if the intro arc was like some attempts at diplomacy, then a battle between the two, the hero realizing the futility of the fighting but still wanting to hold his ideals/nationality, then more diplomacy. Anyway the biggest problem I have from reading the first chapter was that it's so casual with it's lofty ideas on top of the fact that most of those ideas are wrong, or oversimplified.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote