View Single Post
Old 2010-04-04, 14:06   Link #10
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Saw some nice children books adaptations~ Haven't read the corresponding books, though.
Yes, my inner child will never die I guess Won't complain about it~

Where the wild things are
Saw it on the plane a while ago. Quite embaressing to tear up in your seat when the stewardess comes to throw breakfast at you: "I want the omelette " ....
The story about the little boy, who poses as a wolf, who poses as a king was simply beautiful. I didn't expect it, but it really touched me. Breathtaking visuals, too. I loved their fort. The animatronics seemed to be alive and were very believable in their roles.
Since I don't know the book, I can't really say how well they captured it's spirit, but I liked the spirit of the movie and it's message.

And I'm totally getting a little wolf costume for my kid if I ever have one XD (and the book! :P)

Bridge to Terabithia
Catched it on TV today Tears again at the end ;_;
Strangely, I could really relate to that movie. I was in my fantasy world all the time as a kid, where I fought evil with my cousins or friends or by myself. I still like to dream or delve into fiction when I need a break from reality.
I really felt for the characters. I was happy when they were and I was crushed when they suffered. Thus the end broke me inside with sadness and 'awww'ing. Bad thing happen, but life still goes on. And you can always be the king/queen of Terabithia.
Awesome movie!

Oooh and I rewatched Corpse Bride a few days ago. Reminded me why a Tim Burton film is always a must-check-out. Love the OST, too. The after life is funky~
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote