View Single Post
Old 2010-12-14, 18:17   Link #2057
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I love my team, but I wanna avoid that piece of $hit playing surface in Chicago by all means…If we have to play in a $hitfield blizzard, obviously my confidence won’t be as high…We’ve surprisingly done well in recent cold weather games, but overall our team cannot play the type of game it wants to in absurd cold conditions…We’re just not built for that $hit…

As for the rest, nobody knew Cincinnati was gonna be bad, nobody knew Dallas would be bad (Dallas was SB-favorite)…People thought the Phoneyniners were gonna be good..

The Saints are only the 3rd team out of the last 11 SB winners to win 10 games the next season…Historically it’s always tuff getting back to the playoffs off a SB so that’s something to be credited if and when we ultimately do so...You telling me of the 4 SB titles the niners got that they didn’t once have a “dud” schedule that just happened to be more manageable? This is the luck of the draw sometimes, but you still have to play the games; win the games, and winning in the NFL ain’t easy…The NFL champion generally has to face to division winners of the previous season…Who knew all the division winners (Dallas, Cincy, Minn., Arz [our worst lost by far) would all be terrible?) In this new era of parity things like this will happen, but we still won the games, we still did enough to win and we’re still winning....

Atlanta has to play all the same “washed up” teams as us, they just happened to play the perceived better teams early…Discounting the Panthers game, ATL had won by less than 7 points in every game during their streak, that makes them great? . We blewout Tampa Bay and beat Pitts by double digits…They got blownout by a Vickless Philly and beat by a Pitts team without Ben Roethlisberger…If Garret Heartley makes a 29 yd FG in overtime we’re the team to beat and ATL is chasing us….So I feel good about our chances even if we lose one of the next 2, because despite whatever shortcoming we may have, we put 30 points on the board like it’s cake and other than the Eagles nobody in the NFC can do that…I pray we face ATL in the G-dome during the playoffs over any snow games (Philly or Chicago) because if ATL no-scoring a$$ is the worst team we have to worry about, we’re in great position…
I know. New Orleans just isn't a tough team when it comes to playing outside their warm dome. They'd get killed in Chicago like the last time in the playoffs. This is why dome teams historically don't do that great the majority of the team in the postseason. They can't handle cold weather.

As for the 49ers during their Super Bowl runs, they still had to beat the difficult teams when they got to playoffs. Five (We won five trophies, get your math correct) times they proved they could do it, regardless of playing in the NFC West.

Everything I said about New Orleans is true. The only team they've beaten this year that is for real is Pittsburgh. Those are the facts. Doesn't matter if Garrett Heartley did this or that, or Atlanta played other teams that weren't thought of to be better or any other mantra you want to try to spin. The facts are the facts. By the way you're forgetting the Packers and Atlanta as far as teams that can put up 30 points in the NFC. The Falcons even rank higher in points per game than the Saints.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote