View Single Post
Old 2013-07-26, 22:02   Link #2053
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
What you're suggesting they should do with female characters is interesting, because that approach is just really rare. I remember Mikura from Mezzo Forte done this way. It was an adult OVA title, but still a piece where you could ignore the sex scenes and recommend it to other anime fans without hesitation. Her character was sexually charged, but tasteful in execution. To see that in modern anime without the characters going through some process of deformation is just extremely rare.
Yeah, and that what aggravates me if you consider most of the male-oriented female fanservice nowadays tends to be wish-fulfillment power fantasies where you don't get that in the female-oriented male fanservice found in Free. It makes me wish KyoAni would announce their next project which stars sexy female characters with agency. And then they could show off to those other anime companies that utilize male-oriented fanservice and say, "See? This is how you do female fanservice, and we learned that from Free!" after raking in high sales and popularity.

So yeah, KyoAni. What ever you next project will be, please have it star female characters with a premise that's allows them to be sexy and maintain credibility.