View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 03:02   Link #89
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Alright I've finished the last chapter of volume 2:

I can't help but feel that the main story of this volume is dealing with failure, first with Nanami's failure, and ending it off with Sorata's failure. It might be abit too much so perhaps that's why the Anime wanted to spread it out by introducing Yuuko first? That's not to say the entire chapter was depressing (just bittersweet at the end) as it compensates by having some standard romcom stuff inbetween- they were fun but hardly anything revolutionary and can easily be placed elsewhere.

Note I haven't started on vol 3 and 5 yet so I don't know how thinks are going to work for Rita and Yuuko, but if I were to speculate... Episode 7 and 8 would be Yuuko + hints of the letters from England, and ends with Sorata's interview. Then maybe episode 9 would be light hearted with the Swimming pool trip, before tackling the meat of volume 3 which would be Rita and 'Dragon' debut to end off the first half.

I'm just guessing from the illustrations, feel free to correct me if you like
Learning how to deal with failures is an important step in achieving long-term success. It's actually realistic in this way. Successful authors and mangakas understand that, but a lot of times, it's downplayed in fiction.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote