Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-15, 15:54   Link #12021
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Das exchange

I appreciate the Germans for taking the initiative to take over the NYSE so I can see less window-dressing, but I fear that the corruption might spread over to Germany, or even drain European funds to support the exchange.
Maybe I am wrong, but the stock exchange institutions are not that important are they? I mean, the stocks will remain valuable regardless of their trading place (at least stocks of international corporations and such).
So I do not see the very importance of that merger of trading places. But my lack of knowledge in these matters could fool me in seeing it less important than it actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
On the science side of news :

South Korean "super gun" packs hi-tech killing power

Skynet didn't come from US. It came from South Korea. And on Valentine's Day too.
Oh, the term cyberwar will be taken to the next level when these things are installed. Imagine you secured your country by using such devices for the protection of critical sites all over the country. Imagine someone writes a nice little virus that reprograms the devices. A small army of hackers could take this country hostage in say, less then a month (or if you need to deploy the virus using more conservative means, maybe one or two years - already infected devices would pretend to work orderly until day X).
A crazy and at the same time fascinating idea.