View Single Post
Old 2010-05-09, 14:56   Link #175
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangnizorro View Post
You're right. Unless its Harry Potter we're talking about.

Damn. I suddenly feel the need to shoot myself after saying that.
Oh please allow me to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Also, I don't see what's so unbelievable about hypnosis. It's a technique even normal people in real life can learn. Surely, Naoi could learn this too, given enough time (and they're even trapped in a school too, with possibly a handful of references on this subject).
I don't know about what others thought about this, but my problem wasn't whether hypnosis was realistic or not. It was how Naoi just went ''I can use hypnosis with my eyes BTW'' with out any build up. Worse still was when we learn about his past life, and it ends up contradicting the established information about the world they are in.

You can't create something unless you knew how to when you were alive was one of the basic rules in this world, and yet Naoi managed to learn how to alter the human physiology to give himself special eyes, and he was just a 2nd rate potter when he was alive. Granted, he could have learned how to do so from the books in Purgatory High, but I doubt that they have books about Advance Hypnotism & How to Alter the Human body? laying around.

Now I know that this deals more with ''how far does your suspension of disbelieve go?'' but really, I found it easier to sallow Kanade's powers because of the mysterious nature surrounding her, thus making the viewer think that there is more about her and her powers. Naoi powers make no sense when you look at his past and how he uses them.