View Single Post
Old 2011-11-19, 06:39   Link #2470
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
The arguments about whether Guilty Crown is a good show or not are kind of funny. This show is big and dumb like a Michael Bay movie, which makes it both awesome and terrible at the same time. Or maybe that kinda makes it like Code Geass.
Pretty good way of describing it. I can't really tell whether or not it's a good show, but it keeps me entertained, and makes me want to watch the next episode to see what happens, and that's enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
We really can't expect him to understand that because he's pathetic and whimpy. But we also cannot blame him for being pathetic and whimpy because he's no soldier after all. Naivety isn't bad. Everyone is like that from time to time.

Which makes me wonder why people expect him to be more GAR? I don't think having super powers is reason enough to do things like taking up the role of some cliche shounen hero. If he were to be more badass he would need at least something like what Reiji experienced in Requiem for the Phantom.
I also wholeheartedly agree with this standpoint. It always bothered me in movies, or shows when you see a character acting really cocky in like a typical death scenario, where there will be a showdown, but because the actor knows his character won't be dying, he's able to put on this really "badass" persona. And he acts that way only because he knows he'll live. But if we put it into real terms, if he has no idea whether or not he'll live or die, it changes the way the character should be portrayed. That they no longer think of themselves as invincible, and to me that's what Shu should be. Someone who could die at any wrong move, and be scared.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote