View Single Post
Old 2011-11-27, 12:36   Link #627
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They also made it so that the wrong decision could end you up with your companions leaving you or killing them, but the beta players complained about that so they scrapped the feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
With the Sith Warrior, you either kill the person in front of you or you don't, that's it. You kick the puppy or give it a loving home. It revolves around action and collecting good guy/bad guy points, which no real questioning or rationalizing what you are doing. I wish there was a Kreia type character lambasting you for making weak choices. I would really love if they had an event or two similar to Kreia criticizing you on Nar Sha'da with the beggar in Kotor 2. That event essentially put yourself, the force, and the universe in perspective. Instead, everything is consumed by this unquestioned all consuming logic of the universe. I am truly pessimistic about Bioware's ability to write anymore after Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2/3(that leak was...), and especially how they deal with Revan and the event of Kotor 2 in TOR.
It comes and goes. You had one such criticism during the interrogation of the prisoners, for example, where your choices were criticized unless you made all the right choices (right in this case being what the person you're trying to impress would approve).

I doubt we'll ever get another Kreia type character. Kreia was unique in that aspect where video games are concerned. There's never been a character like her in any other star wars game, and even in the other EU media her type is exceedingly rare. As much as people may complain about Obsidian having done a bad job with kotor II and how Bioware should have done kotor II, Obsidian did one hell of a good job with Kreia.

But then, even in the KotoR games you were rarely criticized for your actions, nor did they have long-lasting results save for a few. Only your partymembers would comment occasionally, and that system is still in place through companions. Arriving on Coruscant and having a chat with a servant prompted a comment from Vette quite quickly.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-11-27 at 12:54.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote