View Single Post
Old 2006-03-05, 07:58   Link #18
doctorwu

Somename: I saw Honey & Clover, liked it -- it was almost too zany for me, but it was ridiculously funny. Twin Spica's on my list now, thanks.
Wao: Ideon ... hmm. Will screen ... never know if you'll like something til you try it, right?
ayyo: I've seen Scrapped Princess, Daioh and parts of Moon Phase ... the former two I enjoyed, the latter I have seen very little of -- not enough for a judgement -- but I will definitely investigate the others on your suggestion. Thank you.
Mr. Hawq: I have seen everything on your list. Liked most of them, but at this point I think I'm looking for things that are a bit more obscure ... (BTW, how, exactly, is Gilgamesh similar to Fantastic Children? In my opinion, everything from animation to atmosphere to character development to straight-up plot is completely different in those two pieces. Then again, I guess the great thing about art is that everyone connects differently )
Aquillon: I seen both Kino no Tabi and Ryvius, but they are both excellent suggestions; excellent shows for that matter. Thanks!
Galileo: Two I've heard about but haven't seen. Have heard only good things. Will put on the screening list immediately. Thanks.

Along with the suggestions above, I've been searching on my own as well, not wanting to seem lazy. ^_^ I recently found Otogouzoshi, which is a sort of modern vintage-style samurai show that is -- so far -- Gorgeous with a capital G and, if not revolutionary, done very well for its genre. I'm also enjoying Mars Daybreak as a sort of replacement for Tide-line Blue, but again have seen very little. Hoping those also help give a further hint at the kind of thing I'm looking for.

I hope others are benefitting from this thread as much as I am Please keep on suggesting, because God knows I intend to continue watching.