Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 10:14   Link #3915
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Shoot. Before I left Japan for New Zealand this morning, I had Pepper Steak. Oh no.
It should be fine. Eating at a restaurant right after it got cited for a health violation is probably (fingers crossed) the best time to go!

OTOH, I personally now stay well away from Yoshinoya, though, after getting sick from eating a oyaku don a few months ago - even though their gyudon should be fine.

U.S. Coast Guard training exercise causes confusion in Washington, D.C.
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Coast Guard conducted a training exercise in the Potomac River near the Pentagon amid Sept. 11 commemorations Friday, sparking confusion that scrambled FBI agents and led the nearest airport to briefly ground flights.

Coast Guard Chief Keith Moore said Friday no shots were fired as part of the exercise in the river. Media reports suggested shots had been fired in the river and showed vessels circling in the water, near the bridge where President Barack Obama's motorcade passed as he traveled to a Sept. 11 memorial at the Pentagon Friday morning.
Absolutely nuts, IMHO. Doing this on Sept 11th and apparently near the bridge on which the U.S. President's motorcade was using. Add the initial confusion as to why this was happening, and it's just weird.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2009-09-11 at 10:32. Reason: Added news story