View Single Post
Old 2013-08-16, 23:41   Link #96
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
How the fuck does one not know this? I thought it was well established..

Imo, the biggest plot hole in Muv-luv is the economy.
I know it's the end of the world and everyone is geared for war...But think about it.

TSF's are much more complex and eat equal or even more fuel then a normal jet. We can expect a TSF to cost at least 100 million dollars.
Now, how the fuck are they spamming so many TSF's? Theirs the whole 7 minute thing, which means shitloads of recruits in TSF's die. That's billions of fucking dollars!!!

Now, the BETA can easily destroy a 100 million dollar+ TSF in 1 swoop. I don't see how producing TSF's could ever be economically feasible. It's not only logistically impossible to economically support, but if you factor in the fuel, and how fast the TSF's uses it, that even adds more cost.

This is addition to the multiple goverment projects such as Alternative 1, 2, 3 etc, or XG-70, Prominence, etc. How the fuck are they funding all this? Even if they sold war bonds to every single person on earth they wouldn't have enough money.
Ah, it's one of the most illogical thing in Real Robot, and I expect it wouldn't be answered in a foreseeable future! Even something as small as Knightmare Frame still need many resources to produce.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote