View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 15:38   Link #52
Sherringford

Quote:
I never thought I was going to use this quote especially my mindset when I started Twilight but... from Battler "is truth is really that important?".
I'll answer this with 'yes. Yes it fucking is.'

Quote:
I realize this may sound like a fanboy forgiving every flaws, not bothering to check every nook and cranny.
Nah, I totally see where you are coming from. I loved the episode itself, and I think that if it was just another episode it would be ranking pretty high in my favorite episode list. Its main problem is that it had the heavy burden of "final episode" to carry.

Its ending(or lack of thereof) aside, it was a great episode.

It's kind of hard to explain how I felt about the episode. To me, it felt like a great episode, but a bad way to end the series. If Umineko had an episode 9 incoming, I would have loved this episode a lot more, if that makes sense.

The lack of a proper ending feels terrible to me.

"Is the truth really important?"

Let's face it. If you care about the mystery side of Umineko, the answer is of course it is. If you are a mystery fan at all, this ending will let you down.

It doesn't matter how much you like mysteries. You don't have to be a die hard Golden Age fan for this. If you like mysteries even a little, this will let you down.

If you aren't... .Then you'll probably enjoy it much more than I did.
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote