View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 01:33   Link #1847
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Nope.

Sorry to be blunt, but of all the girls so far, she's the only one other than Kamito that actually did anything useful in combat. And she managed to yank Kamito out of his BSoD when Restia showed up.
But in the first place, it is her stupidity that cause the problem Kamito is in for the 3rd time. And that is why she is a "damsel in distress".
The purpose of her creation is to cause troubles.
And you can't deny the fact that "she gets into the same kind of trouble in the same way even though she gets the same warning the 3 times in a row" is stupid, can you?

Other girls doesn't have chances to show their usefulness because they don't cause the problems and involve him in to begin with

And to tell the truth. It takes nothing to yank him out of his BSoD. She just acts like she is pitiful, powerless, "easy to get hurt"... to provoke his sympathy, compassion, kindness,... so he must continue to live to support her(be it becoming her slave and get beaten everyday, not join Knight team, being ordered to do all the chores and never get a praise and a "thank you").

It is his kindness, his compassion to others (he swears not let anyone suffer like Reitas suffers) that snap him out of his BSoD.
Anyone can do it and no, there is nothing to be proud about it. Kinda like pretend to be homeless or a disable and make use of others' kindness to make money.(i guarantee there is that kind of fraud and i do get tricked .)

-------------------------------------------------
And i am aware that because she causes troubles that we have combating scenes. Because of her incompetence that he has to sticks with her(because he is kind) and other girls and have a "no fun" harem where girls don't compete each other in seducing him and simply beat him light out.

But this way is the cheapest way to make the story move on.

There are 3 ways to get into the troubles:
-troubles finds you. (for example, you are famous and many secret organization try to throw you out).
- you and trouble bump into each others. (unlucky)
-you find troubles. ("damsel in distress")
The first and the second is every interesting and hard to write, require a lots of effort and intellectual from authors. You have to write about all the conspiracy, the preparing enemy make for you or explain how many elements/factors that lead to the coincidence that you and trouble bump into each others.
The last one is easy. Everyone can write it. You can, i can. Just create someone dumb, always jump into trouble and make our hero kind and can't leave them alone and we have a story.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote