View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 17:19   Link #38
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I don't actually understand much of the dislike for Kagura (well, that's not entirely true as I understand critique of his rather flat character but, then again, most of our cast is pretty flat and to a degree that's understandable*) and I cannot help but think that it might just be the underpinnings of bias and shipping that paint him in such a negative color for many people. It cannot be helped, I guess, but it is a bit unfortunate.
That would be unfortunate indeed - although if that's the case I can't help but wonder if there's a tiny little bit of a double standard at work here, looking at some comments about Amata and/or Mikono (and AmataxMikono).

That said, I don't mind Kagura - at the very least he's an entertaining character, and in ep 13 I found him more likeable than before. But I don't particularly like him either. From the four "main" characters (ie. Amata, Mikono, Zessica and Kagura) he is the one I like the least. He's simply not my cup of tea as far as character types go, I don't find him particularly hot (not my type, sorry), I don't find his personality attractive, and if he was the protagonist I wouldn't like the show as much as I do now.

Tastes differ in many ways, that's all. People don't always like the same things and the same characters.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-29 at 17:42.