View Single Post
Old 2007-05-28, 13:23   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, no.... it screams a typical piece of clothing worn by many japanese (like my wife who has a few, for example). It doesn't scream Ayu as such anymore than taiyaki screams Ayu. Many pieces of Lucky*Star scream "typical japanese daily living" ... just like most slice-of-life or other series set in recent Japan. Tsukasa has worn them before (in episode 2).

If people will watch the clothing and hairstyles (as they change) on the girls --- they're most all adapted from the manga. One of the nice touches of the manga (and the anime) is that the girls modify their hair and clothing to suit their whims.
Your forgetting the cardinal rule Vexx, everything is a reference to Kanon, Haruhi or another Kyoto Animation adaptation since nothing else is worthy (especially those common overalls, how dare they be compared to Ayu's ). Kyonani is not a mispelling of their nickname when swapping out Konami, but a reference to Kyon from Haruhi for example (Actually as a joke on that very idea I slipped an image of Kyon sitting on the steps in the one episode of Haruhi where he's watching the girls run into my sig. See if you can spot him). Does that make sense, no, does it have to, no. It's Kyoto Animation, they are never wrong.

In fact I just got wind that Kyoto Animation is doing a remake of Gunbuster since the previous one by Gainax was an embarassment. Now Kyoto Animation will do a Gunbuster that will put Gainax to shame and that is the reason behind the reference in episode 2.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-28 at 13:38.