Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-22, 13:10   Link #358
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why does "high end" have to mean "the best"? You can easily make something high end that isn't the TOP end, and it won't cost you your kidney.

Granted it'd still be more expensive than a gaming console, by far, but it isn't as if you have to get the most expensive thing available.
Well you see, that's not even the *Best* setup you can get.

And personally, I think if you're not going to upgrade for better, either from a console or older PC, then it's just not worth spending on a PC.

I've never heard of anyone "upgrading" to mid/low-range parts... If so, then either the system was very old and defective, or the guy's still playing ancient games.

Playing on MAX Settings at decent framerates is the PC Dream, and eventually everyone goes for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You can buy a $300 GPU that'll last you a good 4-5 years while still looking better than the consoles. Even if you need to upgrade you really just need to swap the GPU down the line.

Why are you including the cost of monitors into the equation. You might as well add the price of a HDTV to the console then.
I didn't take Displays in consideration, but there's no way to play on 3 displays with decent frames. Multi-display is enthusiastic material by default.

But you're right, a single 660Ti is enough to max most games... if not bottlenecked