View Single Post
Old 2009-08-21, 00:52   Link #397
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Despite all the bitterness from E8, I'm still not sold to the hatedom, so I have some doubt.
I'm pretty sure that people who bother to not use stock footage for episodes that are basically the same, have some (probably even excessive) artistic pride, and aren't the most likely victims of decadence.

I tend to think that they are rather preserving their budget for something next (I'm among the ones who think there will be a "true" second season after this "re-airing").
While the "hatedom" is as prevalent as ever, the conscious effort to remain positive for this new season by fans to counter the negative is just as prevalent. Both side of the argument seems to overlook the fact that there are 4 entirely new 20 minutes length episode including the E8 saga. If I may inject some cynicism in the mix of things, the formula for the storytelling is no different than the first season, and yet the inconsistency in animation effort is admant in every episode. The argument can be made that it wasn't the case for couple of versions of E8. But, then again, with the same repeats of episodes with some very subtle changes and/or addition to minute detail, the animators had plenty of times to add some finishing touches to those re-re-re-re-run of E8 episodes with the final product at hand. If we recall, the first version of E8 was anything but impressive animation wise.

My point is it's moot whether or not there is a new season after this supposed re-airing when we are getting new content at the moment. The difference here is that it is lacking in quite a few area of the overall animation effort if compared to the previous season. And hence, it sounds like an excuse when it is implied the studio might be saving their effort for better things to come.

Perhaps there are other reasons behind why the animation effort is lacking in these new content. Practical, calculated, economically sound reasons. Then again, some of the Haruhi-fans (i.e. relentless ) have already touched on the subject from a slightly different perspective, but the implications are there.