View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 18:10   Link #5661
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Which is too bad since they've had PLENTY of opprotunities to insert filler/padding episodes throughout the entire run of the anime to make it longer so they wouldn't have run into this problem to begin with.

Even a few silly 'quest-of-the-week' episodes would have been nice for the other guild members like Kana and Elfman just to name a few. I would have loved to have seen Team ShadowGear out on a few quests myself. Even then, the other guilds such as Lamina Scale had some good characters that could have gotten an episode or two. It was really a long list of Missed Moments of Awesome for the anime since they didn't approach it like that - I guess the producers/directors didn't want fan-hate to surface because of too many fillers that Bleach suffered from. Personally, I think that Naruto handled the fillers a bit better than Bleach did but I digress.

As for the actual episode...they actually made it more unbearable to watch Lucy getting pummelled. I had to take a 'cool down' walk around my house before I calmed down enough to finish the episode. This couldn't have been the first time that SaberTooth has brutalized someone ... where is the anti-magic field or something to act as an enforcement on contestants who take things too far? The Magic Council soldiers are all useless - not hating on Neko-chan, but if a score of 300 is good enough to be a captain...they have no real right to try and enforce something that they have to have other people hired out to do for them. Or at least have one of the top Wizard Saints there to act as an Arbiter, y'know?

*sigh* What would have made my day was if it was to be an original anime ending, to have Juvia of all people launch herself at Minerva for doing that to Lucy and then have a massive Saber vs Fairy guild war right there in the capital. THAT would be Awesome. Of course, Fairy Tail would win but it would be just amazing to see.

Of course, I think Ultear's having flashbacks of how she was in her day. And for some reason, Minerva reminds me of Azula a bit: not as Magnificent as the Fire Princess was but even more so of a B****.