View Single Post
Old 2006-12-21, 14:09   Link #455
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
After reading the whole current story and hearing how Oda expanded the story greater than he planned, I wondered what was extra to the story. That's when I came up with the term "manga filler." It's when there are parts of the story that either were not part of the story originally or could be removed or shortened without changing the flow of the story too much. I don't know whether anyone else has thought of this before so don't blame me for copyright. Anyway, I believe that the following is what has/is the extra:

Alabasta arc
Skypiea arc
Davy Back Fight arc and
Water 7 arc

Tell me what you think. Also, I'd like to know if the term is one that I actually made up.
Well, I don't think anyone can really say unless they ask Oda...except I think we can all agree that Davy Back Fight is pretty close to "manga Filler", it seems to me that Arabasta, Skypiea, and Water 7 were definately part of Oda's plan, but he may have just stretched them out to bigger things they he may have intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
True. Feel free to post updated information here and I'll merge the posts together.
What kind of info needs to be updated? The anime is currently up to episode 290. 291-292 are going to be year end specials. (another Edo era one I think)

Hehe, in the "When to watch the movies" part there's a typo: "Karakuri Castle's Giant Mecha Spider". "it's solider, not spider.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote