View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 08:28   Link #946
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Annihilation of everything that is is a bit too abstract a concept for me to take it serious. Lina nuked cities left and right and that only resulted in people digging their way out of piles of rubble being very angry. If an endboss of whatever category had ever succeeded in destroying the world my image of whatever follows would have been Lina crawling her way out of an extraordinarily large pile of rubble, fuming, bitching, and shaking her fist. The end fights were exciting, yes, but the one in SR is no exception. And better choreographed at that.
Good point there. And I think the blame lies in how the anime has now nearly completely severed itself from the novel canon. There is suppose to be a constant evolving threat from various factions in the world, but the current Slayers are effectively filler, with the only purpose in maintaining the status quo of the main cast. Amelia and Zelgadis isn't even suppose to be in the cast anymore, but by forcing them to stay the story can no longer advance.