View Single Post
Old 2003-11-08, 20:06   Link #16
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Boney you have a review site? Where is it? My review site is still really small... I have watched much more than I posted reviews for... But anyway...
See my signature for the link.

Quote:
I still think Maya likes Yuta... there's nothing there that would disprove this theory. But the creator is just too stupid to do anything about her comments. They are too stupid to ties off loose ends and fix plot holes.
Personally, I think that the way they did episode 25 dispelled any thoughts I had toward the matter. She was so focused and determined to get the last holy stone so she could become the princess. If she actually liked him, there would have been SOME hesitation. Then again, it could be like you said. The creator could be a total dumbass when it comes to relationship-building in anime and neglected putting in something for Maya and Yuta.

I really think Ultra Maniac could have been better if it was made for 39 episodes instead of 26. By the time relationships actually began to be built, it was already too late in the series. Thirteen more episodes would have alleviated this problem to an extent (if they had finished the holy stone arc at episode 26) because they would have had 13 more episodes to wrap everything up.