View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 23:43   Link #1977
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

BTW, up until vol 8, I haven't seen the so-called Yotsuba current mistreatment on him(beside trying to separate him from Miyuki), so I wonder if it will hapen in the future volume? All I've read so far regarding his mistreatment from Yotsuba is only the experiment and things in the past before the event in vol 8.
The mistreatment is implied in four areas.

The first sign of mistreatment is all the scars he has when Honoka and the other girls forcibly took off his sweater at the beach. Erica immediately noticed that these were not battle scars, but rather torture scars.

The other three were subtly implied in Web 4 (or Volume 8).
A) The general attitude of the whole clan towards Tatsuya is one of disdain. The introduction of the flashback reveals how he is treated like sh*t. Even his own mother could care less about him. When Tatsuya was at the party with his two cousins, the father of the cousins didn't want Tatsuya socializing with his son and daughter.
B) Before the flashback happened, when Tatsuya and Miyuki visited the Yotsuba house. he remembered back to a time when he was outside and wasn't allowed an audience to his aunt. This time around (at the end of Web 4), he is granted an audience with Maya. During their conversation, it was very clear that Maya had ill intentions towards Tatsuya. To her surprise, Tatsuya dared to show the defiance. The result? Maya flat out attacked him with her strongest magic.
C) Kazama visited Tatsuya and as they walked past the abandoned eugenics/training grounds, Kazama basically stated that it was no wonder that a full grown soldier from the batallion couldn't defeat a Tatsuya at 13 years old three years ago if he was brought up in this type of place. Tatsuya simple responded that Yanagi (2nd strongest in the batallion behind Kazama and at a different stratosphere compared to the rest of the batallion) put him in his place. The implication is very clear here, Tatsuya was pitted against fellow potential guardians in fights to the death and most likely suffered all sorts of abuse that led to the scars we see in the beach arc.