View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 06:37   Link #2721
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
In South Korea, India, China, the Phillipines... anywhere in Asia except Japan, really. Look how inflated that yen is! :P

That's why American animators dont outsource work to Japan anymore.

p.s. yes I kno there are more than 5 asian countries.
Well many of them are copying how Japan does things.

Also, those countries do fine inbetweening work and what not, but none of them have produced anything of any real quality themselves. I don't see many good shows in Korean, Hindi, Chinese or Tagalog. At least not yet. Maybe in the future, but so much the better.

Quote:
I believe thats more using cheaper animation tactics (limited animation), outsourcing animation to Korea (yep, even Japan does it too now), and paying Japanese animators around 1,000,000 yen a year (which is terrible). Japanese animators between ages of 20 and 30 get paid $11,600 a year

And also PPG was made in the time when American animators got paid $50,000 starting. The animation legends were raking in $100,000+ easy.
Well, part of why the Japanese do it well is that they know how to use limited animation skillfully. When other people do it, it just looks stiff and cheap (well anime can look cheap too sometimes...).

Low wages is an issue for Japanese animators though, but I don't think the cost difference is purely down to wages, but then I'm no expert on the nitty-gritty of animation.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote