View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 03:28   Link #34
kuromitsu

>ogon_bat

Do read please what I wrote in the previous page..... :3 Also, this is not an adaptation issue, the anime, too, is being pretty clear. People just keep talking as if romantic love was the only kind of love worth feeling or the only love that can make people feel or do anything important.

Maria may not be in love with Mamoru, but you've got to be blind not to notice how much they're attached to each other. And I'm not going to post spoilers (most people here have already read them elsewhere, anyway :P) but when it comes to that point - would you do what Maria does for Mamoru for someone you don't love and just "care for" in an everyday way? (Mamoru is friends with Saki and Satoru, too, but it never even occurred to them.) And she's not being coerced into anything, she does it out of her own free will. (Even Mamoru objects, at first.)

Also, I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "another side of Maria"...

(Btw no, they cut off Reiko even before she got disposed of and they were made to forget about her. They weren't doing it out of meanness or anything, just assumed she wouldn't want to hang out with them after everything that happened, but, well...)