View Single Post
Old 2011-05-19, 09:54   Link #192
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Disclaimer:Everything what I write below is IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
and why is everyone still doubting that menma is a ghost? we see her withought jinta being anywhere near her.
Why does everyone here seems ignorant of umineko? Perhaps I'll explain again briefly, how the "Schrodinger Box" concept works in cases like these. Simply put, a "Schrodinger Box" themed story revolves around: looking at particular results and interpolating possible events that could've lead to said conclusions. Umineko used witches and magics to explain the murders in the story, AnoHana used the phenomenon called "Menma". However, AnoHana didn't play it like Umineko did. It only replicates a smaller aspect of it.

For instance, Jintan eating that cake? It could be made by him, and then ate it himself while reminiscing his mother and Menma. The door at Menma's house? It could be that it was actually loose and a wind blew it open. People feeling weight around their shoulders? It could really originated from fatigue. Jinta knew about the hairpin? It is possible that Jinta stopped running and looked at the confession scene for a while, and resumed running afterward. Every single scene with Menma in it can be explained without her actually taking part in it (at least, so far).

Though again, this is merely theory. Menma could really be a corporeal ghost that only Jin can perceive. The point is that this theory is as plausible as the Jintan=idiot theory.

However, I can tell that this is a story about a group of people trying to move on with their lives after a tragedy befell them all. Any other thing is really just spices to freshen things up a bit, and it's best not to dwell too much on them.