View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 06:33   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
BTW, why didn't Kirito use Dark Repulser? Or did he paint it green or something?
It was always green to begin with.

The production value keep getting stale without any reason. Whereas Heathcliff/Kirito fight started okay-ish, I can't say it doesn't look too good to use the very same stock animation that came from the very previous episode (the simultaneous front double slash, right after he activated Starburst Stream against the gleam eyes).
Adding conveniently long flashbacks left and right, and this episode sure has a lazy presentation.

Plot wise, the episode felt definitely rushed (not like the romance lacked building, but the lack of transitions between the different scenes in this episode made it completely disjointed).
Meanwhile, Godfree was indeed quite an idiot for that whole training session, especially if you consider the context between Kuradeel and Kirito. That and his request to take care of all crystals, completely irresponsible should a real abnormal situation arise (aside of this one, you could have laughing coffin ambushing them, or irregular mob etc).
Speaking of which, I was also surprised big time that Kuradeel and especially Kirito had so few crystals: even if it is only the 55th floor, that's a little careless to have only 1 heal and teleport crystal.
Another detail that still doesn't make sense to me: do they really -not- feel pain in SAO? It is beyond being "just startled" by having something sticking in you, that's definitely pain both Godfree and Kirito went through so...
On the other hand, it seems they really forgot about Battle Regeneration skill like last week huh? Dramatic low hp nonetheless, at least make it visible it isn't moot to introduce it (I don't think Kirito would be confident enough to unequip this skill in both events anyway).
Finally, past the fact Kirito's hand could regen quickly like this, I was more surprised that the amount of hp he lost was rathe small considering how crippling this injury is.

This episode was more or less fine with its conclusion, but it had a lot of things brushed over that is quite similar to the side stories episodes. Delivering what fans expected is one thing, but presenting it in this fashion doesn't really cut it.