View Single Post
Old 2008-01-18, 10:12   Link #45
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
One thing that made me cry about this thread:
Bornstatin made a comment about how from a "metaphysical" point-of-view, it was ethically permissible to kill people on the idea that it made people/society/our species stronger.

My mind flashes "ERROR -- DOES NOT COMPUTE" messages all over the inside of it.

So. . . life has no intrinsic value according to the cold uncaring mechanical processes of physics and evolution. But on the other hand, you somehow derive the conclusion that Social Darwinism is mandated by a "will"? Is this will God or Satan? Is he perhaps one of the pagan gods?

I'm not sure how this works either:
1) Wanton violence and competition.
2) ???
3) Profit!

My brain hurts.
Well...Everything gets a lot more complicated then what it already is when you go into religous matters. Though, yes..Everything is a matter if "will." With out it there is nothing...If you do not have the "will" to do somthing, you wont do it. I mean..Now this (once again) clashes with my mind...The whole "will" thing, is if there is destiny and everything is written in stone as to what going to happen, the the "will" to do something is not something you would have unless it has been written so (written is just a term used btw...I doubt it's accually written on stone...). It's a very confusing matter only because of the things I've been taught and the things I believe....

No...Violence and Competition is there for a reason, with out competition you have nothing to work for..and usualy competitions include some form of violence.......I have no idea what you mean by "???"

and I have no idea what you mean by "Profit!" but I'll take a guess...Everyone is greedy...everyone wants money....It's human nature to want..some just want it more than others....So, competion and violence can go into to gaining a profit (Obviously, look at sports..It's both profitable and violent...(Unless it's like Golf...but then you could..I mean, beat the crap out of your opponents with you clubs..that would make it violent..xD)
siya is offline   Reply With Quote