View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 15:52   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@Shiroth -- Yes, Kamiya is terrific. And even better since his motorcycle accident, which took place just before the last episode of Honey & Clover. He was out of commission for months, but has come back stronger.

@Pellissier -- Sasaki Nozomi hasn't had a leading role, but I think she is making a living. She is one of the six stars in Jewelpet, which is a 52-week show. And we hear her again in Princess Lover, as one of Seika's followers. With her ability to do squeaky animal roles, she has a future, lol. But I really took her seriously as the romantic heroine in Bokura ga Ita. I think it might be a problem for her that she has exactly the same name (she spells it differently) as a major gravure idol.

I've always liked Hanazawa Kana's moe voice. Maybe that's all she has, but it's enough for me. Mushi-uta, for example, wasn't a great show, but her voice there was heaven. And she's using a not-so-moe variant of it as Sharon in Pandora Hearts.

Hayami Saori has a very distinctive voice for me, but then I listen eagerly for it every time. To me, her voice is the most purely "beautiful" of all, as a seiyuu, and even more so as a singer. Her voice in Sora no Manima ni is quite different from any of her previous roles, as an ojousama sempai rather than a magic girl or a hesitant college student in love, but still it has that same lovely timbre and movement.

I'm afraid Kotobuki Minako doesn't do much for me. I thought she was just awful in the early eps of Umi Monogatari, which is all I watched. Her voice seemed flat and colorless. It was only suitable when she was angry, for me. But since you mention her, I'll pay more attention.

There is an enjoyable episode around of a show called Run Run Lan ([2009-07-24] Run Run LAN! [Sphere-スフィア- (寿 美菜子.高垣彩陽.戸松 遥.豊崎愛生)]) that interviews all the members of Sphere.

Yes, Fukuhara Kaori helps make Koromo a fascinating character. And yes, Hanamura Satomi is really doing something as Mirai.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-08-13 at 21:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote