View Single Post
Old 2013-01-31, 14:28   Link #365
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
I thought UBW is unlimited blades...unlimited number of blades. Faker can only assume one appearance at a time..which is still OP enough.
Yeah.

Rather than Archer, Kaleidoscope Faker would be more like Hamburglar or Ronald McDonald, from YAZA's Touhou crossover doujin.

Yes, that sounds ridiculous. But it is, instead, ridiculously awesome.

Basically, as clown, Ronald can "mime" anyone's power-set, and he's unlimited in the number he can store.

Hamburglar can only store five (or ten?) copies, but as a "thief", he can "steal skill", such that he can use those copied powers "10% better" than Ronald.

Quote:
But the opponents..are lame. Olive Driver. Mint Duster with shield and sword, wtf? Oxide Rain. and..I don't even know what to say.
That's why I want to write up as many avatars as possible, so that writers with great plots are saved the effort of coming up with throw-away opponents.

The better the quality of your opponents, the better your story. But who wants to spend that much time thinking of a character you'll only use once?

I want to create a pool of disposable characters that really flesh out the Accelerated World.

The biggest challenge would be introducing variety into Blue avatars beyond what kind of weapon they do (or don't) use.