View Single Post
Old 2013-03-11, 11:39   Link #333
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
1st season of the anime covered vol 1-5.
So it's likely the 2nd season will cover 5 volumes too. I think it will first cover vol 6, 7 & 10 (short stories) which take place during summer vacation and then cover vol 8 and afterwards.

Vol 11 covers the match between the 5th and 6th graders and ends with the girls basketball club finally having a full team that can enter official tournaments. This makes a good ending for 2nd season. But then the season would be rushed or a lot of things would be cut out in order to fit 6 volumes into 12-13 episodes.

Alternatively, vol 9's end can also be a good ending for 2nd season, and the 3rd season then can start with vol 11's story.
Now I re-think about it I think you are more or less correct.

What I'm thinking is that if they have 12 episodes to work with they would spend 2 episodes on volume 6, then they will spend about 4~5 episodes with the Ryuichi arc as there's a fair bit to cover there as not only is it a very important arc for Subaru there's also the Airi/Banri's problem to deal with which makes it a fairly complex arc, then they would do some hacked together filler arc for 2 episodes like taking the short stories from volume 10 (which takes place during summer anyway, so chronologically speaking this is correct) to pad it out and buy some breathing time, then continues with the first time against the 5th graders for another 4 or so episode. Finally they would probably end at volume 9 which is the Kyoto trip when Maho's father accepts Subaru's request to hold a tournament and end with the uplifting cliffhanger of sorts. Also as I think they won't want to do too many full basketball matches as it will be taxing on budget and man power so that's what I'm betting on.

If they get 2 full cours to work with, then I might even expect them to pull the "anime arc to coincide with the latest novel release" thing that some light novel had been doing and we get the full Keishin/Suzuritani rematch for episode 20-24. But that's probably wishful thinking.....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote