View Single Post
Old 2007-07-26, 00:07   Link #271
takumi2k4

Hmm, I've no doubt that Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody will be animated, since we got that crazy publicity stint. But, it would really be nice if they animated the "Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya." I haven't read any of the others, but Disappearance seemed to me as one of the best stories that I've read. The whole twist and turns all the way from the beginning to the end, I actually stayed up all night reading the light novel.

As for the second season being licensed, I doubt that it is. And it probably has the same reason why it took Bandai at least 6 months more or less to license the show, and that's because Haruhi 2 will be such a hot commodity like Haruhi 1 was.

From a business standpoint, Haruhi 1 was so big that the licensing fees were probably more than what the US pays for the war in Iraq, well an exaggeration, but I believe that it was really pricey. Because if it wasn't, then Haruhi 1 would've been licensed sooner than it did, and as we all know it wasn't. So yeah, heck even Code Geass took a long time to get licensed, wasn't it only a week ago that it was? And Code Geass was also big, but not as big as Haruhi, but it was big.