View Single Post
Old 2009-09-21, 03:49   Link #15
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

A little update:

I got MediaWiki up & running, and have made some adjustments to the default style to make it look a little more AnimeSuki-like, although I still need a logo. Based on the database layout, importing users from the forum DB into the wiki DB seems to fairly simple.

I've been looking at the "Hooks" system of MediaWiki. It seems to me it should be fairly easy to:

- Write a hook for the UserLoginForm event that will check if the cookie bbuserid (your AnimeSuki Forum userid) exists. If this cookie exists, but the userid is not found in the wiki database, it'll try to import the login data from the forum database and "register" an account for you. If this cookie does not exist or when there is some other error, it'll advise user to register on the forum and then visit a special page to import their user account into the wiki. If everything checks out though, it'll simply advise the user to login using their forum user details.

- Write another hook for UserComparePasswords to compare the entered password to the password stored into the forum database, not the wiki database. This at the same time will overwrite Username (if changed on the forum) as well.

The only slight issue is that the ability to change your wiki password makes no sense whatsoever. I still have to find a way to disable that.

Edit:
Instead of trying to figure it all out myself I could simply use this

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-09-21 at 04:06.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote