View Single Post
Old 2010-01-03, 00:37   Link #6
Yuutsu

Persona 4: Like OceanBlue said, it's an incredible RPG. P4, to me, represents a perfect almagamation of game, story, music, and fun. It's difficult to make a compelling story and even more difficult to make a funny one. P4 achieved both. In addition to the story (which I demand an anime of :P), I don't think there was a single track that I didn't like. Each had its own unique flavour and fitted the situation perfectly. Finally, I love the art design. Frankly, the graphics aren't great; however, the art design propels the game far above its competition in terms of presentation simply because its so stylish and alluring. Ok, I think I've done enough fanboying.

Shadow of the Colossus: Simply outstanding. I think every game that Fumito Ueda makes is gold, and this game certainly gives me some very compelling evidence. I haven't even finished this game, but I'm amazed each and every time I pick up the CD and insert it into my PS2. Like james0246 said, Shadow of the Colossus manages to achieve so much with so little. There's only 16 bosses and your horse. Yet, I find that I'm having so much more fun than other games that have so much more. As a result, it needn't be said that I'm going to purchase The Last Guardian (and P5) when they come out, if I have a PS3.

Okami: The graphics are one-of-a-kind. I don't think I've seen anything like it. It's cell-shaded, yet looks drastically different than other games that utilizes cell-shading (in a good way). The game is literally art-in-motion. Oftentimes, I just sit there and absorb views of the environments. Oh, and did I mention that it's also ridiculously fun? The combat is satisfying and quick, though it's a little bit too easy. Otherwise, Okami is definitely my adventure game of the decade (I don't play much games, lol).

Last edited by Yuutsu; 2010-01-03 at 03:30.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote