View Single Post
Old 2010-11-04, 22:08   Link #63
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh~ Ah~ Ah~
Again with the "It isn't the real world, so anything can happen" statement.
Technically "it isn't the real world, thus anything can happen" is entirely true to this series (especially concerning a comedy series with fantasy elements), and nearly all works of literature from all types of genres. I mean, in the context of the series we're dealing with almost shut-in protagonist with more personal issues than the characters he's dealing to help which may I add are women who have been possessed by evil spirits escaped from hell for "whatever" nefarious purposes while being assisted by a devil which formed a pact with him through a e-mail through a video game console for the sole purpose to remove the spirits via making them fall in love with him. If you want, or rather feel the need to apply logic in a series very much playing with a genre itself then the only explanation for this story to be logically explained realistically is if Keima is on a major acid trip in his refusal of accepting reality.

No story can ever be realistic in terms of the logic of reality because the story is written by an author who (usually) dictates the flow of events through a story frame to usually move the plot. If the story was about a delusional Japanese shut-in escaping from reality on a drug-induced mind trip believing he must romance women while being assisted by the forces of hell to save earth but interfere with his ultimate inner struggle of playing/not being to play video games it'd have less of a touch than simply a story that parodies itself, its characters, and its genre and suspension of belief for comedic value to its intended audiences and other viewers.

That said , (in general) I personally didn't have any problems with this episode or the series itself thus far. I'm just glad it's true to its source materials while providing continuity nods to events in the manga (as mentioned in the topic, about Elsee's actions in the first half which was not present in the anime) and not turning into senseless "anime-original"/filler story material which isn't present within the original story or have any significance (Hot springs Episode, Beach Episode, School Vacation Episode!) or removing parts of the original story (like Berserk to a degree, or most series that go from novel/light novel to Anime).