View Single Post
Old 2010-12-29, 15:24   Link #20555
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
For what concern the actual parentage of Yasu. I would say that the idea that she isn't really Beatrice2's daughter is supported by the fact that Kinzo was ready to recognize as Beatrice whoever would solve the epitaph.... if it wasn't for the fact that Yasu has clearly been a special case since 10 years before.
So basically this point that would be otherwise pretty interesting becomes completely irrelevant under this light.
We're willing to attribute to other characters way more advance planning, even Yasu herself (admittedly not on a decades-long timeline, but there was still a lot to do logistically if we buy any of that). Kyrie nursed an 18-year grudge. The idea that someone has been tweaking this thing along toward tragedy (whether they intended that it end as it did or not) is not all that far-fetched.

The "true mastermind" may not have really actually planned out any series of murders or disasters, but I have to think there was somebody at the nucleus of it all causing it to happen. Otherwise we're forced to believe in a confluence of unhappy accidents that compounded into disaster. While that's certainly plausible (and decidedly more realistic, at that), I don't know if it's genre-appropriate.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote