View Single Post
Old 2016-12-18, 05:42   Link #457
marvelB

Thought this would make for a pretty interesting post: AP's Sandman brings up some comments that both of Oda's past and present editors made about him at Jump Festa:

Quote:
Here are current/previous OP editors' comments about Oda which were revealed in Jump Festa:

[Editor Asada] *EDITED
Oda and I went to a bookshop in Hibarigaoka on the release date of OP volume 1.
Both of us raised our fists in triumph when we saw a reader bought the volume. After that, we held a meeting. Such an innocent days.

[Editor Habuta]
When I received color spreads from Oda, I always wondered why he had time enough to draw in detail.
The mystery solved when I saw him drawing a color spread in "Jump Ryu". Oda is incredibly fast at drawing with his pen!!

[Editor Kawashima]
Oda's favorite food is "MEAT". He always bought beef bowls (a bowl of rice topped with cooked beef and onions).
Even after he stayed up all night, he devoured a beef bowl... I thought he looked exactly like Luffy.
Spoiler:
[Editor Onishi]
Oda amazingly finished creating the draft sketches of chapter 498 including the character designs of all Supernovas only in 5 hours!! I thought he is indeed genius.

[Editor Hattori]
I had much trouble working with Oda. For example, he made super-long phone calls and unprecedented demands to me.
That being said, all of Oda's ideas and actions lead to the big success of OP. I was happy to witness the awesomeness of OP.
Be sure to look forward to the future story after 20th anniversary!

[Editor Isaka]
I laughed so hard when Oda's current studio was constructed since there is a shark in his restroom. His studio is full of his personality to entertain others.
Spoiler:
[Editor Sugita]
Oda loves barbecue. No other mangakas can grill meats better than him! Oda is MEAT MASTER!!
He is actually a super-wild guy in that sense. No matter how busy he is, our Captain Oda always grills meat and appreciate our effort!
I'm getting better at lighting a fire thanks to him!

[Funny trivia]
Current OP editor Sugita was supposed to join a quiz show in Jump Festa today, but he couldn't.
It was because he was too busy with his work in order to receive a OP script in Oda's studio.

^I actually remember that comment about the supernovas (that was revealed around the time the timeskip happened). The rest I find pretty neat, though! Shark in the bathroom, eh?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote