View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 10:53   Link #246
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
There's two ways of looking at it - one is to see the author's intent (which is what you're following) and the other is to deny the author's intent and view what is present.

As a whole, I admit it's a bit iffy. The simplest way of solving canon debates, IMO, is to just stick to what has been published as canon - and yes, I note that this disregards author's intent. The other issue is that we have no sure way of knowing the author's intent if the author does not speak... on the other hand, if the author maintains steady engagement with the fans, and we can discern the author's intent straight from the horses mouth, then that form of interpretation is just as valid.

But we're going around in circles, really. While the specific mechanics of what went on that night probably won't have any official canon source, to sum up Kirito and Asuna expressed their love for each other and connected on a physical and emotional level that night. The details don't really matter, at the end of the day.

Y'know, this has been the most pleasant discussion on interpreting canon that I've ever had with anyone.
Hm, why not just do both? But ah, I guess that'd be really iffy indeed..

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. Well, the Reki does tweet quite a bit about SAO and AW.. but I don't think we'll ever hear him say anything about 16.5. Oh well.

Well said.

Heh, it's more fun to have discussions instead of arguments/debates over about or over such things.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote