View Single Post
Old 2007-07-24, 00:34   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But you're comparing this to a game franchise (Metal Gear Solid) now which is an apples and oranges deal. A half description of Kanon can not be used as a comparison as they are different genres, again an apples to oranges comparison.

Perhaps, you should use Black Lagoon as an example instead. (That's what R1 will do anyways I bet.) But here, there isn't any cliched code names, DC Comics designs or paper thin plot on the website.
once again, by your own reasoning, you are comparing apples to oranges too. First the characters in Black Lagoon don't have code names, they have nicknames, not to mention Revy's nickname is actually "Two Guns" in japanese kanji, not any more original than simply "Gun" if you ask me. And "Dutch the Boss", "Benny the Mechanic", "Revy the Two Hands" don't sound any more original than DC Comics characters, or those G.I. Joe characters, etc. Secondly by your "apples and oranges" argument, you can't compare this to Black Lagoon, it's like you can't compare Bruce Lee movies to John Woo movies.

And I don't see where your logic comes from about the code names, so some code names that are cliched in animes suddenly becomes not cliched in games? huh? Maybe you should read better, I never compared this to MGS, I'm comparing the code names, so it's not anything near an apples and oranges deal. Unless you want to say that "Snake" is not a cliched code name in a game but suddenly becomes a cliched code name if used in an anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
Honestly, it sounds pretty bad.There's some wonderful sci-fi novels that deserves to be animated a lot more than this.

I dream of an anime adaptation of Hyperion.Now,that would be totally awesome.Or the Culture cycle,Consider Phlebaswould make an excellent animation film.

I can always dream.
There are tons of wonderful sci-fi novels that's better than every single animes out there. But then I doubt many of them can be adapted into anime at all. Hyperion into an anime? Why do I have the feeling of the Sphere movie. Many times when a dream comes true, it becomes nightmare