View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 19:52   Link #976
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Sorry about that... I had to pause three times before I could hit submit for that post and then had to run. Anyway, I was referring to the last paragraph from the first page of that article where it says:
"On top of that, some budget experts believe not every part of the health care law could be repealed using the simple-majority rules of reconciliation — only the parts that have a direct budget impact. Still, major portions, including the individual mandate, could be targeted by reconciliation."
With that said, I don't know if you had the pleasure of watching Face the Nation yesterday (Sunday) where John Boehner braves a few questions about the aftermath of a successful "repeal." There seems to be no planning for what they will "replace" it with other than reverting the clock to how it used to be. Power to the insurance companies.
Yes and Boner was practically speechless with regard to what he and his fellow Neo-Cons want to replace it with.
It's obvious that they want people to have to buy insurance from corporations, what they don't want is what I want: a health care cushion for the poor that is payed by taxes, preferably by taxing Wall Street on its dividens.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is always two sides of the coin. It might be a good thing to an extent, but in the same breath, the negative aspect is also out there for the taking. SeijiSensei posted briefly about it above from one point of view.
I agree, this whole situation has become a mess of legislative-juggling and judicial showmanship.
It looks like a 3-ring circus at this point and in my humble opinion the poor are the ones who are going to get the shaft in all of this.