Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-14, 22:54   Link #13061
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I realize that, however it's still progress. That's why I said his reasoning was vague....on one hand he is saying it is good for disease prevention and prostitution, on the other he downplays the contraceptive aspect. Surely he realizes that the entire point of a condom is for sexual purposes, but he has a tight rope to walk in what he says, something I think he learned the hard way from his initial comments about condoms.

Remember that this was a reversal of his previous comment, which was that "condoms make the Aids crisis worse". He's a staunch advocator of abstinence and fidelity through marriage, which is to be expected, but to walk back even some of his statement is a big step for the Church, at least in my opinion.
Seriously, I would prefer that he didnt change his stance at all so more people can realize how mess up the whole system is and left it. Now that he slightly change his stance, who wanna bet sometimes in the future, the church will totally okay with abortion and stuff to please the mass? Then the religion continue live on. I dont know if my last two sentences make sense (having trouble to express my thought there).