View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 12:40   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I'd find nothing more anticlimatic and boring then a ranged attack stopping Luffy since Luffy showed me plenty of times how skillfully he is at dodging, especially ranged attacks.
Of course you would because all you want is to see Luffy save Ace with no resistance whatsoever.

Here are two of the several people that can easily prevent Luffy from freeing Ace.

Moria - He can command his brick bats to swarm and pester Luffy for as long as he likes. This would distract Luffy because he would be too busy trying to get them off of him.

Kuma - He can literally appear right in front of Luffy and proceed to beat the crap out of him. Realistically, Luffy would not be able to get by him.

Quote:
And I'm expecting the WB pirates to hold of everyone like WB did to Kizaru this chapter.
Then your expectations are in vain seeing as how the WB pirates are not strong enough to defend themselves against the entire marines force and 4 warlords. It's clear that they're losing and cannot win this battle through their own sheer power alone.

Quote:
And go smoothly? So lets forget about everything he had to do so far to come this way? Take out countless grunts, avoid Moria, switch Buggy with himself to occupy Mihawk. Getting kicked bye Kizaru to the start and beeing forced to take an other hormone injection to stay up? Yeah things went truly smooth for him.
You misunderstood me. I said there's no way Luffy is going to have things go his way so smoothly. "Going" is the key word here, for it means from this point on, as in the present (Luffy being on Inazuma's bridge). I wasn't talking about the past events that have led up to this moment.

@ AddiKtioNn-BlaCk - I agree with you. It cannot be automatically implied that Marco is on par with the admirals just because he fought evenly with Kizaru. The fact of the matter is that neither of them were fighting seriously, so the outcome may be different if they were to go all out.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-01-15 at 12:57.