View Single Post
Old 2010-02-12, 15:43   Link #153
melon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
as far as i remember reading about ordered chapters, you need to have the same tracks in all the segments. insert the same .ass file (but without any dialogue ) in the other segments. i dont have now time to verify if it really works this way, so it's just a guess.
Ah christ, it worked, thanks a lot!

I've been perplexed and pulling my hair out for the past few days because I could not understand why it wasn't working. In the end, I actually just extracted the same dialogue-less .ass file that was in the other segments and readded them.

Just a note for anyone else trying the same thing, contrary to TheFluff's first post, you don't have to use GDSMux, mkvmerge (I'm currently using v3.1.0) works fine, in fact I find it better as you can add tracks and don't have to reload a xml chapter file. Just set the segment UID in the Global tab to same as the original mkv file.

Also with AVI-Mux GUI, you can view the same file information that mkvinfo spits out, but without the hassle of using command line. Just load the file, right click it and select "Information about file", you can then use the "Save" button to save that information as a text file.

Thanks again gugumomu!

Last edited by melon; 2010-02-12 at 20:39.