View Single Post
Old 2006-06-16, 15:33   Link #243
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Okay, so I decided to collect a list of links to freeware\shareware DoS III-style games ^^

REAL TIME BASED:

Strange Adventures In Infinite Space
Quote:
Strange Adventures In Infinite Space may have a strange name, but it will be a concept that many gamers have seen before. By trading, exploring and attacking, you can make new friends and enemies from different planets.

The interface is clean and straightfoward, alllowing you to perform all these functions with little or no hassle. Visually and audiably appealing, your time in this new solar system won't be boring.

Although I am a little skeptical about the game's depth, I played for quite some time. It's quite fun, and I'm sure the full version has even more to offer.

Shareware
DL

Planetary Defense
Quote:
This is a space strategy game where you take charge of a planets defenses against waves of attacking aliens. you defend against missiles, multiple warhead rockets, cloaked starships, meteors, homing missiles and laser-armed satellites. Some of the 21 missions include orbiting moons with colonies, defensive shield grids, radar bases and evacuating starships.
Not quite DoS like, but seems like a good game.

Shareware
DL

GalaxyHack
Quote:
This game allows you to design a fleet of spaceships that can then be tested in AI script-based battles against fleets designed by other players. Though battles take place in real time, the strategy comes before hand, both in writing short AI scripts in a simple scripting language, and also in the setup and selection of your fleet.
Hahahahahaha! I already dled this one and created SOS-dan fleet xD Nice game, but writing AI scripts for ships can be hard for a noob.

Freeware
DL

Gravity Well
Quote:
This is a fast-paced game of interplanetary war. The game represents a simple interstellar economy that supports the discovery and conquest of new worlds. The player's role is to scout new planets and establish landing sites for the colonization ships that follow. Once a landing site is established, freighters will be dispatched to begin construction of a base and colony complex.

Beware though -- you are not alone. There are others with the same designs on this sector of space. Be prepared to fight for every stinking dirt ball.

You can play this game alone or on the network between up to four players. An Internet server helps players locate other players.

Shareware
DL

Stellar Frontier
Quote:
Stellar Frontier is a massively multi-player\Single player game that plays like an arcade game. You are in command of a single starship for a chosen civilization either offline for fun, or online on servers that act as other players' star systems. You advance in rank as you gain experience. This allows you to fly different ships, try out different weapons and command AI-powered ships.
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE! Maybe it`s not much like DoS, but it is just G-R-E-A-T!

Shareware (ARGH!!! WHY?!)
DL

TURN BASED:

Critical Mass
Quote:
While this game doesn't have spectacular graphics, it is an a lot of fun moving your armada of ships through space. Enemies come from nowhere, and you have to carefully plot your missile strikes. Otherwise, you might just end up hitting your own allies!
My opinion:
Great turn based strategy, with an option to make your own ships (2D models), customize them, make your own missions and it has moderate difficulty level (you don`t need to be a war veteran to win, but you can`t just charge at enemy lol). 5\6 IMO.

Shareware (Whyyyyyy?!)
DL

Solar Wars
Quote:
Solar Wars is a turn-based space strategy game with up to thirty orbiting planets. Starting with your home world, build up your ships and strategy. Scout out nearby worlds, send fleets of ships to attack or send annihilation bombs. Destroy opponents by setting hidden proximity bombs or pulse bombs. Play in single-player mode, with computer opponents, or in multi-player mode over the Internet. See how fast you can eliminate your opponents and dominate the entire solar system!

Freeware
DL

SPACE GENERAL World War IV
Quote:
This space turn-based strategy game represents World War 4 conflict on tactical level.

Game contains missions, death-match and free hunt scenarios and campaigns with various unit production potential and technology level.

The user-friendly game engine allows more than 60 unit types, including planet battleships, galaxy cruisers, death-stars, stealth units, star destroyers, air-space interceptors, explorers, planet artillery and radars.

Freeware
DL

Starships Unlimited
Quote:
A turn-based strategy game of star empires and starships. Build starships and explore the stars. Find ancient alien artifacts. Meet alien races and trade with them, ally with them or fight them. Build up your worlds and defend them against other alien civilizations. Be the first to conquer the galaxy!

DEMO:
DL

I`m sure that there are more games, so feel free to post your own links ^^

EDIT: Argh, if only Freespace2 engine could handle more units per map... >_<

Last edited by RiXeD; 2006-06-16 at 18:29.