View Single Post
Old 2008-11-27, 20:54   Link #42
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I found the episode excellent in development all around for almost all the characters.

How Kitamura quite blatantly blew off Ami's question about the Student Council president pretty much shows how uncomfortable he feels about talking about it.. Ami too had a bit of development (for us viewers) in showing how...attention starved she appears to be. She really seemed pissed at not being able to walk with Ryuuji on the beach.

Minorin though...wow. Her character became far, far deeper with that speech. The conversation with Ryuuji was pretty much completely in metaphor between ghosts/love (though everyone knows that), but they both understood each other perfectly. I wonder if they'll eventually whittle the square down to a triangle between minorin/ryuuji/taiga? I don't exactly think she was "letting ryuuji down easy" like some others on the board think, but I could be wrong.

The Ryuuji/Taiga development was nice as well, though subtler than some of the other episodes ^^. All in all, an enjoyable episodes.