View Single Post
Old 2004-10-18, 12:29   Link #78
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememe
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE BLOODY PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND IF IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE WORKING WHY THE HELL DIDN'T SHE RUN HOME AND IF SHE COULDN'T YOU PPL ALL SAY THAT JAPAN IS OVERCROWED THEN WHY DIDN'T SHE SCREAM HER LUNGS OUT FOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR DO SOMETHING CALL THE BLOODY POLICE CAUSE THIS SOUNDS LIKE ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The police here does jack. You want to know a likely scenario what would've happened if she went to the police? Here:

Girl gets the courage and goes to the nearest police box to ask for help. The on-duty deputy listens to her plea.

Deputy: "Oh, sorry ma'am, that is a report that needs to be filed at the main police station. Do you know how to get there?" (what he's thinking: "Ah, shit. I don't want to get involved into this crap. Let someone else handle it.")

Girl goes to main police station. The personnel at the counter listens to her plea.

Desk work police officer: "Oh sorry ma'am, you're at the wrong counter. You need to go to XXX department on the XXX floor. Do you need directions?" (what he's thinking: "Ah, shit. I don't want to get involved into this crap. Let someone else handle it.")

Repeat this bureaucratic red-tape bullshit several times. Girl finally gets to a detective that will handle the situation.

Main Detective uses all his wits that he had built up from his experience on how to best handle the situation (read: "I've got tons of other shit to do, so I'll let some inexperienced detective underneath me handle this job for me.")

Inexperienced young detective gets a case from his superior. (read: "Great, my boss gave me this job because he doesn't want to deal with it. Hmm...better do something about this case then. Let me take a look at what the police handbook says on how to deal with these types of cases...")

Inexperienced detective follows what is written on the manual: “Ijime is a classic case of our current system’s malaise. This is a situation where it must be taken proactively as a serious issue. Notify the appropriate authorities and follow proper protocol in the best way to resolve this matter” (read: “we really don’t have any idea how to handle these types of cases, so use your best judgment.”)

Inexperienced detective: “Okay…I’d better go around and investigate this case.” (read: “This handbook gives jack. I’ll just handle this the same way as I do with all other cases.”)

Inexperienced detective goes to school to ask questions to school administrators. He also goes to victim’s house and ask her parents about their daughter being bullied at school. He also heads over to alleged bullies’ house to ask questions.

Main detective asks his inexperienced detective how the case is going.

Main detective: “So kiddo, you’re still working on the case that I gave you?” (read: “It’s been a week already – you are wasting your time on this case.”)

Inexperienced detective: “Yes sir, I’ve been going around and trying to resolve this case. I went to the school, the parent’s house, I’ve interviewed students, etc…” (read: “You lazy tard, I get all this shitty work so you can handle all the important cases.”)

Main detective: “Oh, so the school knows already. Good. So let’s call it case closed since I’ve got an even bigger and important job for you.” (read: “So the school knows, so let the school handle this issue. Case Closed. Here, our local bigshot politician lost his pet dog – I want you on the case to handle it. Remember, he’s a bigshot politician – handle this case with extreme care.”)

Police involvement ends here.

Meanwhile, by this time, thanks to useless police investigations, school administrators, bullies, parents, and students all know what happened. The school also gets a letter from the police that the “case was resolved as we have decided that this is an issue that is not as serious that it can be resolved by your end.”

Girl gets bullied even more.

School administrators and parent-teacher councils have a special conference.

Principal: “Everyone, this is a matter that is very serious. We need to discuss what to do next.”

Parent A: “This is very shocking to us parents. How can this thing happen to this school!! We sent our children to this school because this school was a leading and competitive school. With this shit happening, how do you expect us to feel safe that our children aren’t victims of ijime!? This is all the school’s fault!!”

Teacher: “We cannot look after 200 students everyday! We are only just one teacher! We aren’t here to babysit your children!!”

[heated debate between parents and teachers are exchanged, which leads to nowhere]

Then, some brilliant genius offers an acceptable “compromise”

Some brilliant genius (can be either a school administrator or a parent): “Listen, we all know this debate is getting no-where. But we both have one thing in common – how to best maintain the good image that our school is still a respectable school. Fortunately, the police ended this case – that means we are still good.”

[everyone looks at this brilliant genius in awe]

SBG: “If the teachers are not at fault, and the parents are not at fault, the who is at fault? I believe that it is the person who was bullied that didn’t have the guts to stand up for herself to be at fault

Everyone: “Yeah! That’s right!! She should’ve stood up for herself” (read: “Good, we’re not at fault, let’s put all the blame on the bitch that yapped to the police in the first place.”)

SBG: “So why not ask her and her parents to move away, so we can just hide this under the rug as this never happened?”

Everyone: “Great idea! That way, we can still keep our image that our school is a respectable place of learning, and we can forget about this stupid incident.”

Parent B: “Hey, why don’t we all pitch in with some money to help them move and have their daughter abort their child as well?” (read: “Excellent plan. We all know this is all bullshit, but let’s try to be kind by donating money to them so we can feel good for ourselves that we aren’t all that cold-hearted.”)

School involvement ends here.

Next day, a leading parent of the PTA board and a school administrator knocks on the victim’s house’s door and asks her and her family to move away somewhere.

….hey wait a minute. Think logically, and see what is wrong with this typical scenario.

Began with: Girl goes to police station to ask for help
Ends with: School forcing the girl and her family to move away from here.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote